Privacy and cookie statement
This is how we take care of your personal data.
5298 AP Liempde
We collect personal information from members, other customers and website visitors. We do not sell personal information to anyone. 4c Unity is the main responsible for the processing of your personal data and registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 17232737.
In this privacy and cookie statement you can read how we implement the values below and respect and protect your right to privacy.
- We protect your personal data and request the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf or/and parties with whom we work.
- We only collect personal data that is needed for our legitimate purposes.
- We respect your right to view, correct or delete the personal data we process about you and any other rights you may have under applicable privacy legislation.
If you have any questions about this privacy and cookie statement or the way we handle your personal data, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data we process
- First name*
- Gender (if you filled this in)
- Mail address (work or private)*
- Telephone number (work or private)
- The company you work at*
- Your function
- VAT number (of organizations, entrepreneurs, professionals in the EU, outside NL)
- Bank account number*
- Log-in data
- Personal information that you voluntarily share (such as your Gravatar profile picture in your member account)
European tax authorities ask for details of the usual place of residence of a private individual, living in the EU (outside NL) without a VAT number, who have bought the training course (tax regulation called MOSS; Mini One Stop Shop):
- Billing address + country*
- Bank details*
- IP address
Third party websites, social media buttons
We have included (social media) button from LinkedIn on our website, to promote web pages or share them. If you click on the button, cookies are being placed. This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to third party websites and links. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these third parties. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your data in a secure manner. You can read how LinkedIn handles your privacy in their privacy statement (these statements can change regularly):
How we collect and use your personal data
When you become a member for the online training, we collect information about you in order to give you access to the training. We ask you to voluntarily provide additional information in your membership profile. You may always update your data in your membership account. When you sign up for the 30-Day Challenge and coaching sessions, we will collect information about you in order to be able to execute the agreement we enter into with you and to maintain the relationship resulting from it. If you participate in the online training, 30-Day Challenge or coaching sessions, you may enter into an agreement with us directly, in which case we collect your personal data directly from you. Alternatively, you may be signed up for an online training, 30-Day Challenge or coaching sessions by your employer, in which case we can receive your personal data from your employer.
We rely on the lawful basis of fulfillment of contract for processing personal data of members and other customers.
Placing and processing orders
In our website store you can place an order. In order to place and process orders, we will need personal information from you. We rely on the lawful basis of fulfillment of contract for processing personal data of members and other customers.
Contact and correspondence
If you correspond with us by sending us an email or filling in the contact form, we will use the provided data to respond to your inquiry or to answer your question. We will keep your personal data until your question has been fully answered by us or you are satisfied with our response to your request. We have a legitimate interest in maintaining your personal data if you voluntarily communicate with us.
Use of the website
When you visit our website, we collect information about the type of device, IP-address, browser and other usage information. Please go to the section “cookies” to read more about this.
We may process personal data to perform our (online) marketing activities, such as:
- sending out newsletters;
- providing you with information about trainings or webinars;
- providing you with information about our services.
We process your personal data on the basis of your consent or, under certain circumstances, our legitimate interest to conduct direct marketing activities. You can always object to receiving direct marketing messages.
In short, 4c Unity processes your personal data for the following purposes (and for purposes closely related to them):
- offering functionalities via the website.
- the creation of your account.
- controlling access to your account.
- handling your orders.
- invoicing the services purchased.
- improving and evaluating our website and services.
- answering and handling your questions.
- to call or email you if this is necessary to provide a service, give you access to the member site or answer questions.
- to inform you about changes to services.
- to inform you about our online training and/or services in response to your request we received via our contact form.
- to inform you about our online training and/or services in response to your request by phone or email.
- to inform you about our company processes and/or services because of an agreement we have with each other.
- to inform you about our online training and/or services because of a sales process we are in.
- to inform you about our online training and/or services by Social Media.
Website visitors under 16 years of age
We do not intend to collect information from website visitors under the age of 16. If 4c Unity inadvertently has information from your child, please contact us to have this information deleted.
Safety and security
We do our best to protect your personal data in the best possible way. That’s why we have implemented a variety of technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized access of your personal data (SSL certificate for example: data you provide is sent via an encrypted connection). These measures are evaluated on a regular basis, and updated when necessary.
4c Unity retains your personal data only as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories of) purposes:
- Agreement: we retain data for the duration of the customer’s relationship with us and for a year thereafter.
- Each cookie placed by our website has its own expiry date. You can read more about it in the “cookies” section.
- We are legally obliged to keep records and to retain them for 7 or 10 years (the fiscal retention obligation).
Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
4c Unity will share your data with a number of parties where permitted by law. We may share your personal data with third parties when this is necessary for the execution of the agreement, you have given your consent, we have a legitimate interest or the law obliges us to do so.
We may share your personal data with the following (categories of) recipients:
- Web hosting (WordPress)
- Hosted ecommerce platform (Woocommerce)
- Mail servers
- Payment service providers
- Suppliers of cookies
- Cloud storage suppliers (updraft plus/Dropbox)
- Other IT-suppliers and service providers
You should be aware of the fact that your personal data may be transferred or stored outside of Europe. We will only do this if there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of your data. For example, a model clause agreement.
What happens if you don’t want to share your data
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide your personal data to us. We limit the processing of personal data to an absolute minimum. However, we may not be able to process your order or deliver our services when you won’t provide us with your personal data.
By making use of functional cookies we can ensure that our website performs properly and that you do not always receive or need to enter the same information every time you visit our website. These cookies cannot be switched off.
The analytical cookies help us to get insights into the use of our website, because they allow us to count visitors and follow web-traffic. The service Google Analytics is provided by the American company Google. We collect, among other things, your IP address, number of users and sessions, location information, information about your device, browser and session duration. Would you like to know more about Google Analytics and the cookies set by Google? Click here.
- _ga: registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Expires after 2 years.
- _gat: used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate. Expires after 1 day.
- _gid: registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Expires after one day.
Managing or disabling cookies
Cookies have their own expiry date. Cookies are therefore automatically deleted. Do you want to delete cookies before the expiry date? Most browsers support cookies, but you can set your browser to decline them and you can delete them whenever you like. Usually this can be done through your browser’s ‘preferences’. The ‘help’ section of your browser can guide you to the right place where you can disable the cookies. However, please note that if you delete cookies you may lose certain stored information (such as login details). When you wish to limit, decline or delete cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our website and your user experience could be limited.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise. You remain in charge of your personal data. You can exercise the following rights at any time:
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right of rectification and erasure of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to object against the processing of your personal data;
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- The right to data portability.
To appeal your rights, please contact us through email (email@example.com) or in writing. You can also fill in the contact form on our website.
Do you have a complaint?
If you feel that your details are not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us. This also applies to questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by 4c Unity.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We can change, adjust or modify this statement from time to time. We will ensure the most up to date version is published on our website.